Guarantee and Pet Adoption Contract
Silver Creek Goldendoodles
Guarantee & Pet Adoption Contract
A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required for a male or female dog sold under this contract and is applied to total price. The dog is sold as a pet only and cannot be bred under this contract.
This contract is between Billie Jenkins (Seller) and __________________ (Buyer)
Entered on this date: __________
Puppy Identifier: ____________
(Microchip # _________________)
Date of Whelp: _______ sex: _______ color: _________
Buyer Information: ______________
Buyer Phone Numbers: (Cell) __________
Buyer home Address:
Buyer e-mail address:______________
Signatures: ______________________( )
Dated: ______, ____
Seller Information: Billie Jenkins
Signature: _______________________( )
Dated: ______, _____
1.The Seller guarantees the puppy is in good health, is up-to-date on immunizations appropriate for the puppy’s age and has had appropriate worming’s at the time the Buyer takes possession. The Buyer has three (3) business days to take the puppy to a veterinarian for an examination. If the puppy is found to be in poor health, the Buyer has the option of returning the puppy to the Seller, at Buyer’s expense for a full refund, or keeping the puppy. The Seller will reimburse for all veterinary costs, up to the purchase price, related to treatment of said pre-existing condition. If the puppy is not taken to a licensed veterinarian within the three business days, the Health Warranty is void.
2. The Seller provides this warranty for two years after the date of sale against any debilitating congenital defects and against all of the things we genetically test our parents for. In the event the puppy exhibits symptoms of a suspected debilitating congenital defect, the Buyer must supply any requested veterinary records to the Seller. That means that if your puppy is shown by your veterinarian (and our vet confirms at buyer’s expense) to have a parental-tested defect that requires surgery, we will pay for the surgery up to the purchase price of the puppy.
3. This warranty does not include viral illnesses, infections, improper bites, hernias, hypoglycemia, and worms, Guardia or Coccidosis. It also does not include any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals or physical injury.
4. If it is determined the puppy does have a genetic disorder that is identified within two years of purchase, the Buyer has the option of (1) either a replacement puppy from the next available litter of equal value Or (2) reimbursement (up to the purchase price of the original puppy) of veterinary expenses related to that illness. Your puppy need not be returned to us. Shipping fees will not be refunded, and if it becomes necessary to ship a replacement puppy, those fees are to be paid by the Buyer.
5. If the puppy should die from a suspected congenital defect within the 24 months of its date of purchase, an autopsy must be performed at the purchaser’s expense by a veterinary teaching hospital or state licenses DVM acceptable to the Seller’s own veterinarian. If the autopsy shows a congenital defect as the reason or the death, the Seller will provide another puppy of equal value to the purchaser. A written statement from the veterinarian must be provided. This warranty is void in the event of an indeterminable or inconclusive diagnosis.
6. The Breeder has made a reasonable judgment regarding the eventual adult coat of the puppy. However, as these are living beings, this judgment does not guarantee the eventual adult coat nor is there a guarantee of the eventual allergy-friendliness, degree of shedding or color of the coat at maturity.
7. No warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under its contract except as stated.
8. This warranty is non-transferable.
1. The Buyer agrees to pay the Seller a total sum of $3,000. This fee does not include shipping, if shipping is required.
2. The Buyer agrees that their dog will be housed indoors.
3. The Buyer agrees to feed their dog only a premium quality food.
4. The Buyer agrees to maintain their dog at a healthy weight.
5. The Buyer agrees to make and keep annual veterinary appointments for their dog and keeps all immunizations current according to the guidelines of the AVMA and properly administer heartworm preventative.
6. The Buyer agrees to provide basic obedience training with their puppy within the first year of owning their dog.
7. The Buyer should use reasonable judgment with their new puppy. Puppies should not be brought to a public place (i.e. pet store or park) until they have completed their full cycle of vaccinations due to risk of contagious illness. This warranty is void if this condition is not met.
8. The Buyer agrees to postpone strenuous, repetitive exercise until after the puppy is over 1 year of age.
9. Spay & Neuter: This puppy is sold as a companion pet only, NOT for BREEDING purposes. Breeder requires the puppy to be spayed or neutered by 9-12 months of age, at new owner's expense. When Owner provides proof of the spay/neuter, Breeder will provide registration papers. The proof must be from a certified Veterinary Hospital, on paper, showing the pets description, breed & Micro Chip number. If proof is not received, Breeder's 2-year warranty against genetic disorders will be null. Failure to honor the spayed/neutered conditions of this contract can result in the Breeder reclaiming the dog without compensation to the buyer and/or a $7,000 Breeding Dog Fee will be charged. This amount is based on the average Breeding dog fee of $10,000.00 minus the puppy priced already paid of $3,000. If necessary, legal action will be taken to collect damages and Buyer will be responsible for all legal fees.
THE BUYER AGREES TO SPAY OR NEUTER THEIR PUPPY BY 9 MONTHS OF AGE and provide documentation of proof of spay/neuter to seller.
The pups registration will be sent to you at the time of proof, from the Veterinarian.
Buyer’s Initials: _______
10. The Buyer agrees to contact the Seller immediately if the Buyer determines they are unable to keep their dog for any reason. The Seller will determine how the dog will be re-homed. NO REFUND will be given to the buyer.
11. The Buyer agrees to never place their dog in a shelter, pound or similar facilities or research laboratory.
12.The Buyer agrees to follow the puppy schedule written by the breeder (attached as page 3). Buyer is to send Breeder a copy of vet exam/notes through the puppy schedule until spay/neuter has taken place. If the Buyer does not follow the puppy schedule for any reason, the warranty will be null.
13. THE BUYER AGREES NOT TO USE TRIFEXIS HEARTWORM MEDICATION.
Should any part of the Agreement be rendered or declared invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidation of that portion will not invalidate the remaining portions and they shall remain in full force and effect.
The parties agree that all actions or proceedings that may arise in connection with this Agreement shall be handled exclusively in the County of Polk, State of North Carolina.
The failure of Breeder to require performance of any provision shall not affect the right to require performance at any time thereafter, nor shall a waiver of any breach or default of this Agreement constitute a waiver of a later breach nor shall it be considered a waiver of the provision itself.
I have read and agree to the terms and conditions above. Both parties agree that this writing represents the entire agreement between them and that no other representations either oral or written have been made regarding the puppy described above. The parties agree that no changes in the contract shall be binding upon either of them without written modifications signed by both parties.
Signatures- (Buyers)_____________ Date _______
(Sellers)_____________ Date _______
- Dewclaws removed
- Dewormed with Strongid (3wks old)
- Dewormed with Toltrazuril (4 wks old)
- Dewormed with Strongid (5wks old)
- Dewormed with Toltrazuril (6 wks old)
- Vet Examination, Microchip Placement & Fecal (6wks old)
- Vaccinated 1st round of Da2p (7wks old)
- Deworm with Strongid (7 wks old)
- Vet Examination and Fecal due 3 days post pick up (no deworming or vaccine needed)
- 2nd Round of Da2p- Due at 11wks old (Examination, Fecal and Heartworm +/- Flea Prevention) Breeder Recommends Sentinel and Nexgard.
- 3rd Round of Da2p- Due at15wks old (Continue Heartworm and Flea Preventions MONTHLY)
- Rabies and Bordetella- Due at 19wks old. Discuss with your vet other vaccine needed due to environment. (Like Lyme, Lepto, Etc.)
- Spayed/Neutered by 9 months of age